At first of all, the kohlrabi gives a feeling of satiety, strengthens the immune system. They regulate metabolism and lowers bad cholesterol. This recipe for stuffed kohlrabi is Paleo, low-carb, dairy-free, and grain-free.
Stuffed kohlrabi – Recipe
Way of preparation – medium
- Prep time – 30 minutes
- Cooking time – 25 minutes
Yields – 4 servings
- 4 Medium Kohlrabi,
- 1 onion,
- 1/2 leek,
- 1 garlic clove,
- 500 grams mushrooms,
- salt, pepper,
- oil for frying
Instructions how to make stuffed kohlrabi
- Boil kohlrabi for 20 minutes. Cool until they can be handled.
- Peel away the tough, outer skin. Cut a bit off the root end so they will stand straight. Cut off the tops and reserve, and scoop out the flesh of the bulbs, leaving at least a 1/4-inch wall, and chop it finely.
- In a medium skillet, sauté onions and leek. Add chopped scooped-out kohlrabi.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and combine with 1 pound chopped mushrooms, 1 finely chopped garlic clove, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Fill hollowed-out kohlrabi with mushroom mixture, place in dish and place kohlrabi tops on.
- Pour the 1 cup water over the kohlrabi.
- Bake 25 minutes or until tender.
Especially relevant for this food is a characteristic that can not be kept out of the refrigerator or freezer. Because it becomes woody, hard and tasteless. Because the freezer can be stored for several months. Therefore, it has few calories, gives a feeling of fullness that lasts for a long time. Since containing 6.2 percent of carbohydrates, 1.7 percent of fat and proteins in the trace it is an excellent source of vitamin C, which is even 78 percent of the recommended daily requirement. This is a very important detail because vitamin C strengthens the immune system. Because that he regulates metabolism and neutralize the effects of free radicals. Therefore, contains and thiamine, niacin, pantothenic and folic acid and vitamin B6. Most of the mineral is calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, and manganese.