One thing’s for sure, that chicken gyros are one of the most famous Greek meals. And if you put it in low carb tortillas, it becomes amazing low carb meal. But it is also and Paleo, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Low-Calorie meal. For all Weight Watchers, it brings 5 Points Plus. So you must try these Greek chicken gyros in low carb tortillas.
You should check and this The Best Homemade Keto Tortillas Recipe
Chicken gyros in low carb tortillas – recipe
Yields – 3 servings
- 2 1/2 cup of cauliflower,
- 2 egg whites,
- 1 garlic cloves,
- 350 grams of white chicken meat,
- 4 leaves of green lettuce,
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder,
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano,
- 2 cucumbers,
- sea salt and pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
Instruction how to make chicken gyros in tortillas
- At first place, cauliflower finely chops and put in a saucepan. Therefore add salt, 3 tablespoons of water. Cook them to be softer.
- Let cool off and drain the excess water
- In one bowl, whisk the egg whites to a firm foam. Merge cauliflower and egg whites. Add a crushed garlic, salt and spices to taste. Mix all together.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- From this mixture, make 3 tortillas.
- Put the tortillas in the oven to bake.
- Bake 15 minutes at 325 F degrees, since to be golden.
- Cut the chicken meat on sticks.
- Add to them curry spice, oregano, spices to taste and desire.
- Pour a little oil and mix well.
- Put them in a frying pan.
- Fry them to be golden.
- Cut cucumber to the sticks.
- In cooled tortillas, put 2 leaves of lettuce, few sticks of cucumber and fried chicken.
- Roll up
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 189 kcal
- Protein – 31 g
- Carbs – 6 g
- Fat – 4 g
- Weight Watchers – 5 Points Plus
You can make the filling of your choice. If you like, you can add a few pieces of tomatoes also.