The Paleo diet is based on the diet of our ancestor. This does not mean that you should eat raw meat and carrots. But avoiding grains, sugar and various products can make a miracle, says Dr. Loren Cordain.
Loren Cordain, a leading US nutritionist, created the Paleo diet which is based on the diet of our ancestor from the period of the Paleozoic era. A Paleozoic era ended 250 million years ago. Although it sounds silly, this diet gives great results. More than 2,000 patients, Dr. L. Cordain claims that are quick and easy to solve the excess weight. In addition, they say that lowered blood pressure and levels of blood fat.
– Agricultural Revolution and industrialization of dramatically spoil the quality of the food. For this reason, our table filled with foods full of additives. These changes have significantly jeopardized our health. I consider them the main culprit for all the ills of modern civilization, including obesity, diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Of course, this does not mean that you should eat raw meat and carrots. But avoiding grains, sugar and a variety of products can make a miracle – says Dr. Cordain.
What is allowed in Paleo diet?
- Eggs, all kinds of meat, seafood
- Vegetables, peppers, mainly tomatoes, onions, cucumber, zucchini, eggplant, chard, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms …
- Fruits, without exception
- About 150 g of honey and dried fruit a week
- Olive oil exclusively
- Water, tea, and occasionally unsweetened juice
Prohibited foods are:
- All types of sugar, cereals, potatoes, beans, peas, milk and dairy products, processed meats (salami, sausages, canned meat), chocolate, all kinds of flour, salt, mayonnaise, yeast, vinegar
If you follow the Paleo diet, in a month you can lose six pounds and reduce the risk of many diseases. But it will not be easy, especially at the beginning when you’ll need to quit all foods that are very tasty. Because of this may appear fatigue, headache, hunger.
Don’t worry, these symptoms disappear after ten days. From that moment Paleo diet becomes easy because this diet excludes starvation.
The positive side
- Increased protein intake reduces the appetite and speeds up metabolism.
- The body receives enough essential fatty acids.
- Improves the health status. This diet reducing the risk of many diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, and cancer.
- No counting calories and measuring meals.
The negative side
- Diet is, based on assumptions, as no one knows just how reliable they fed our ancestors in Paleozoic.
- It is necessary to take calcium, due to the exclusion of dairy products.
- Diet is not for vegans and vegetarians