Cauliflower, baked with beef or cauliflower moussaka is one meal with two names. These are low-calorie, low-carb, Paleo recipe. Cauliflower Moussaka is an extremely nutritious meal.
If you are bored of the classic moussaka with potatoes, why not try a new approach.
In today post we reveal how to make it with cauliflower.
Way of preparation – easy
Cauliflower Moussaka – Recipe
Servings – 3
- 1 medium head cauliflower,
- 300 g of ground beef
- 1 onion or 1 leek
- dried parsley, oregano, pepper ( optional)
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil for frying
- if necessary, mineral carbonated water.
Instructions how to make cauliflower moussaka
- Clean the cauliflower from the outer leaves, wash thoroughly and split on roses.
- Cook the cauliflower in salted water. Take care not to overcook, it suffices to 5 minutes of cooking. Immediately drain the water to finish cooking.
- Fry a finely chopped onion, just to become glassy and add the minced meat. Constantly stirring. Fry it to the point when the meat changes the color.
- Set aside to cool
- Pyrex or ceramic dish covered with a layer of cauliflower, place the meat and spread the rest of cauliflowers.
- Spnikle with carbonated mineral water. It will give the softness.
- Cover with beaten egg mixed with a little-carbonated mineral water.
- Put in the preheated oven at 220 F
- Bake about 40 minutes
Serve and enjoy
Moussaka is a traditional dish of eggplant, which is mostly prepared in the Balkans and the Middle East. In the West, the majority believes that moussaka origin coming from Greece. Therefore, the Greece one is made from layers of eggplant, minced mutton and tomatoes, topped with a white sauce and baked in the oven.
Nutritional information ( amount per serving)
- Calories – 246
- Protein – 22 g
- Carbs – 10 g (Fiber 4g, Sugar 3 g)
- Fat – 12 g
Weight Watchers – 6 PointsPlus