For a long time, you do not eat bread. You avoid anything that contains carbohydrates. For a change, you can make yourself tortillas with little carbohydrates. Try the low-carb tortillas. They have just 3 g carbs/serving. You can eat them like bread or rolled up in them some meat and get a perfect lunch. They are very easy to prepare. They will not take much time to you.
- Fat – 74 %
- Protein – 21%
- Carbs – 3 %
Way of preparation – easy
- 5 minutes preparation
- 10 minutes cooking time
For these low-carb tortillas you will need the following ingredients:
For 4 servings
- 4 eggs
- 4 eggs white
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 2-3 teaspoons of ground psyllium husk/ powder
- 2 spoons coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt
- First of all, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites fluffy and continue to whisk with a hand mixer, preferably for a few minutes.
- Add cream cheese and continue to whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Mix salt, psyllium husk and coconut flour in a small bowl. Add the flour mix one spoon at a time into the batter and continue to whisk some more.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes or until it is thick like an American pancake batter. How fast it will swell depends on the brand of psyllium husk – some trial and error might be needed.
- Bring out two baking sheets. Therefore place the parchment paper on each. Using a spatula, spread the batter thinly (but no more than ¼ inch thick) into 4–6 circles or 2 rectangles.
- Bake on the upper rack for about 5 minutes or more, or until the tortilla turns a little brown around the edges. Carefully check the bottom side so that it doesn’t burn.
- Serve with a filling of your choice, for example, tex-mix ground beef and salsa.