Wheat free grain free Low-carb pizza
Not only is it absolutely fabulous, delicious and low carb. It is wheat free, grain free, and better than any regular pizza you will ever taste. This pizza is seriously amazing. This wheat free grain free low-carb pizza is incredibly rich, but that’s the point, you cannot overindulge. Most people can only handle one, or possibly two, slices. Add a side salad and you’ve got a great meal for the whole family.
Wheat free grain free low-carb Pizza – The Holy Grail Recipe
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 20 minutes
Total Time – 30 minutes
Servings – 6 servings
Fat – 18.8 g
Protein – 11 g
Carbs – 4 g
Calories 203 kcal
Also, remember you will only eat 1 or 2 slices of wheat free, grain free Pizza compared to half to 1 regular pizza.
Ingredients for the base of wheat free grain free low-carb pizza
- 6oz / 1 3/4cups pre-grated cheese. The Mozzarella is the best or Edam/mild cheese
- 3oz / 3/4cup almond meal/flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- pinch salt to taste
- ½ tsp dried rosemary/ garlic or other flavorings optional
- your choice of toppings such as pepperoni peppers, cherry tomatoes, olives, ground/minced beef, mushrooms, herbs etc
Instructions how to make a wheat free grain free low carb pizza
- Mix the grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, rosemary and any other flavorings, mix gently.
- Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape (see photos above).
- Remove the top baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with then pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again. Be careful to not to cook the egg.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Slide the baking paper or parchment paper with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone.
- Then bake at 425 F (220 C) for 12-15 minutes, or until it get brown color.
- To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza over (onto baking paper or parchment) once the top has browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. Therefore, bake again at 425 F (220 C) for 5 minutes.