This low carb and gluten free almond flour bread rolls recipe are one of the best alternatives to the bread. It looks like dough when you are making it. It smells like bread and looks like bread with air pockets. Because all these facts you will have the feeling that you eat real bread. But the most relevant fact is that this bread roll is gluten free, grain free, dairy-free, and low carb.
A key ingredient to making this dough-like mixture with air pockets is psyllium husk powder. It act as the binding ingredient
Ingredients for 6 bread rolls are:
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 4 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
Instructions how to make bread rolls
- At first of all, preheat the oven to 350 F ( 180 C) degrees
- Place the almond flour, baking powder, psyllium husk powder, flaxseed flour and salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the olive oil and eggs and blend well until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Gently add the water, a bit at a time and stir into the mixture.
- Let the mixture stand for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using your hands, make a ball of the dough. Keep your hands wet. It helps with the sticky dough.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Place the balls on a parchment paper lined a baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes until they get golden color and firm.
Nutritional Information Per Roll
- Calories – 301,
- Fat – 24 g,
- Protein – 11 g,
- Net Carbs – 5 g,
- Total Carbs – 15 g
Psyllium husk is a great ingredient for intestinal health. Psyllium is salvation for bread and medication for constipation. It contains a spongy fiber that reduces appetite. Assists in the absorption of the toxins by creating a porous gelatinous mass in the intestine. Swells in the intestine and increases its volume 35 to 50 times soaking themselves in water, cleaning deposits from creases and cracks in the walls of the bowel, binding themselves to toxins and expel them out with feces. It also improved digestion and cleanses the system. Therefore it is high in fiber too.
So these bread rolls are very healthy for many reasons.