Cheesy mozzarella bites can be a good keto snack. But with some low-carb sauce or meat, it can be a good replacement for bread, and make the whole meal. They are low-carb, gluten-free, soft and chewy with that beautiful cheesy aroma.
Way of preparation – easy
- Passive time – 5 minutes
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
Cheesy Mozzarella bites – Recipe
Servings 16 ( 2 cheesy bites per serving)
- 3 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 Eggs, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups of Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons of Psyllium husk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
Instructions for Making Your Low Carb/ Ketogenic Soft Cheesy Mozzarella bites:
- Preheat oven to 390 F.
- In a microwave safe dish, place the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese and microwave in 30 sec increments, stirring in between, until fully melted and almost liquid.
- Dissolve the psyllium husk in the warm water and allow it to sit and activate for 5 minutes.
- In your stand mixer (using the dough hook attachment), place the almond meal and psyllium husk mix
- Add the eggs, and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and mix well.
- Add the hot melted cheese and allow it to knead the dough until all the ingredients are fully combined. About 5-10 minutes.
- Line cookie sheet with baking paper
- Make cookies and place them on cookie sheet ( about 32 cookies)
- If you like you can sprinkle them with sesame seeds
- Bake at well-heated oven for about 20 minutes
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 217 kcal
Proteins – 11 g
Carbs – 3 g( Fiber 2, Sugar 1)
Fats – 18 g