I love easy coconut flour recipes. It is cheaper than many other low carb flours. The main thing to worry about with coconut flour is that it absorbs a lot of moisture. It can also be a little fragile. So be careful with these coconut flour tortillas.
Just three ingredients you will need for these Paleo & Low-Carb coconut flour tortillas. They are coconut flour, coconut milk ( or almond milk, or sour cream) and eggs. So you see that they are low-carb, keto, Paleo, gluten-free, low-calorie, and nut-free.
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
Yields – 8 big tortillas
Coconut flour tortillas – recipe
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk, or sour cream)
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
Instructions how to make coconut flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Let the batter sit for a minute or two to account for the natural thickening caused by coconut flour.
- The batter should be very runny right before cooking – it should pour easily
- Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat and grease lightly with coconut oil
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet and immediately tilt in different directions to evenly distribute.
- Cook, until the edges, are golden and you see bubbles forming in the middle.
- Flip over, and cook until browned on the other side (1-2 more minutes).
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Facts (amount per serving)
- Calories – 70
- Total Fat – 4 g (Saturated 2g, Monounsaturated 1g)
- Total Carbs – 4 g (Fiber 3 g, Sugar 1 g )
- Protein – 4 g
- Cholesterol 93 mg
If you want for them to be more flexible you should cover them with a foil, and set aside for few minutes. Then you can fill them with your favorite filling, or eat them as a bread substitute.
Tortillas in the Oven – Recipe Tortillas Instead Of Bread In The Low-Carb Diet