Focaccia is one of the most popular and most ancient of the bread of Italy and is very easy to make. It is full of scents and nice looking. So today I will show you how to make Focaccia bread with gluten-free flour. I’m pretty sure that you will like this paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free bread recipe.
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Passive time – 1 hours
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
Gluten-Free Focaccia Bread – Recipe
- 1 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1.5 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil + 2 Additional Tablespoons To Oil Bowl
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Optional Toppings of Choice ( onion in this case)
Instructions how to make gluten-free Focaccia Bread
- Add everything but the water in a large bowl and stir.
- Add half the water and stir.
- Continue to add water until the dough begins to come together into a shaggy ball.
- Dump the dough mixture onto a lightly floured surface and begin to knead with the heels of your hand.
- Knead for about 5 minutes
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the bottom of a large bowl and place your ball of dough inside.
- Roll the ball around in the oil, ensuring the sides of the bowl, and ball of dough are both lightly oiled.
- Cover your bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot to rise.
- Cover with a kitchen towel on top of the plastic wrap and set it aside
- Let the dough set, about an hour or an hour and a half.
- To make a large rectangular focaccia, lightly oil a 12-inches baking sheet with sides.
- Dump your risen dough into the pan punching it down to deflate it
- Use your fingers to push and press the dough evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Use the tips of your fingers to dimple the entire top of the focaccia.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top turning the pan carefully to allow the oil to roll into the indentations.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt over the top of your focaccia and then let it sit and rise for another 15 minutes while you preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature before slicing.