Roasting under the bell is a traditional Balkan way of preparing food. Pork meat is the most used meat in their cuisine. The preparation of this rustic meal is actually quite simple. This roasted pork meat will be nice and golden, the potatoes crispy and vegetables soft
One more recipe – Juicy Pork Meat In Creamy Vegetable Sauce
Roasted Pork Chops under the bell – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 1 h 30 minutes
Yields – 6 servings
- 5 pounds bone-in pork chops
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 1 large onion
- sea salt to taste
- 1 cup white wine or water
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 red bell peppers
- 1 green bell peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3-4 carrots
Instructions how to make roasted pork chops under the bell
- Put everything together in the baking pan and season with cayenne pepper, sea salt, and oil. Just cut potatoes, red and green peppers, onion and carrots in half.
- Cover with lid
- Cook covered above for 1,5 to 2 hours on 425 F
- You can uncover it after about 45 minutes and turn the meat on the other side.
- Cover with lid and continue baking.
- Uncover after 1,5 hours
- Bake for 20 more minutes
- The meat should be nice and golden, the potatoes crispy and vegetables soft.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 477
- Total Fat – 27 g
- Total Carbs – 52 g (Fiber 6 g )
- Protein – 17 g