There is something of Scheherazade and her tales from a Thousand and One Arabian Nights in this cake recipe. This no-bake Scheherazade cake will become your favorite, believe me.
Scheherazade Cake – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 30 minutes
Yields – 40 servings
- 600 grams Double Colour Petit Beurre Biscuits
- 1.5 liters caramel pudding ( prepared in advance, cooled down, if possible)
- 1 cup / 225 grams butter soften at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar powder
- 600 grams whipped cream
Instructions how to make Scheherazade Cake
- Prepare the pudding a day ahead, if possible. Use your favorite brand or make it from scratch at home. You will need to get about 1500ml
- The following day, whisk together the powdered sugar with butter until light and fluffy.
- Now add a few spoons of pudding in the bowl with butter and whisk until smooth. Add butter and mix again. Repeat until you have no pudding and butter left and the pudding filling is smooth.
- Note: It is important that butter and pudding have the same temperature, otherwise you might end up with curdled filling.
- Line a sheet or cake plate with tin foil
- Cover the bottom of the tin with Turkish biscuits.
- Cover with pudding.
- Spread around evenly.
- Cover with whipped cream
- Line biscuits and cover with pudding and cream again.
- Repeat 4 times, until you have no pudding left.
- Make sure the pudding layer is also the top layer.
- Top with whipped cream
- Store in the fridge before serving.