This Raspberry Christmas Cake is one of those recipes that is an instant favorite every single time someone new tastes it. This is an absolutely perfect cake that takes very little effort to make. No icing, no topping, nothing else is necessary at all. It will remind you of a coffee cake in texture but much lighter than the typical heavy version.
Raspberry Christmas Cake – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Cooking time – 45 minutes
Yields – 16 servings
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 oz fresh or frozen Raspberries
Instructions how to make Raspberry Christmas Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes.
The mixture should almost double in size.
- Add the butter and vanilla; mix two more minutes.
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Add the raspberries and stir to mix throughout.
- Spread in a buttered 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into small slices.
- Serve and enjoy
As you already see there is no baking soda or baking powder needed in this recipe. The extended beating time for the eggs provides the necessary leavening for the cake. Do not shorten or skip the beating process.