These slice-and-bake cocoa ginger swirl cookies are a fun low carb holiday cookies. These cookies are made with almond flour that gives them their characteristic crunch, and they are packed with ginger flavor
Low-Carb Cocoa Ginger Swirl Cookies – Recipe
Way of preparation – medium
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Total time – 1 hour 20 minutes
Yields – 20 cookies
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup sugar substitute (Swerve, Erythritol, Xylitol…..)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
Note: Add a few tablespoons of water if the mixture is too dry
Instructions how to make these low-carb swirl cookies
- Mix all the dry ingredients apart from the cocoa powder: almond flour, powdered sugar substitute, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the egg and butter and mix well using your hands.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts.
- Add cocoa powder to one part and combine well with your hands.
- Leave the other part plain.
- Place both types of the dough in the bowl covered with a plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 280 F.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and place the plain dough between 2 parts of parchment paper and roll out until you create about ¼ inch thick.
- Place the cocoa dough on a parchment paper and roll out into a similar shape.
Lift the parchment paper and place the cocoa dough on top of the plain dough.
- Roll the dough up tightly, starting from the long side.
- Fold the edges of the dough in.
- Slice the cookies (each ½ inch thick).
- Gently press down the cookies to flatten.
- Place them, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutritional Informations (amount per 1 cookie)
- Calories – 45
- Total Fat – 5 g
- Total Carbs – 1 g
- Protein – 1 g
- Cholesterol 17 mg