This low carb hot chocolate is incredibly delicious and creamy. It’s a real treat for all chocolate lovers. If you prefer a dark chocolate it’s a perfect holiday drink to enjoy with your friends and family.
This is one amazing low-carb, paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free hot chocolate recipe.
Paleo and Low Carb Hot Chocolate – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 10 minutes
Yields – 2 servings
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- pinch of ginger
- ¼ cup granulated Swerve
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or almond butter
Instructions how to make low carb hot chocolate
- Place the coconut milk, cream, Swerve, ginger, and cinnamon into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boiling point over a high heat (the milk will start to foam).
- Take off the heat.
- Add the cocoa powder and coconut oil or butter.
- Whisk while they are melting. They should combine.
- For creamy results use a hand blender and pulse until become creamy and frothy.
- Serve and optionally top with whipped cream and more cinnamon or cocoa.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 168
- Total Fat – 16 g
- Total Carbs – 12 g (Fiber 7 g )
- Net Carbs – 5 g
- Protein – 3 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg