This one is perfect low-carb, keto, and gluten-free recipe for cocoa muffins. Moist and rich Coconut Flour Cocoa Muffins can be a perfect breakfast treat or snack that is gluten-free.
One more recipe Low-Carb and Sugar-Free Chocolate Muffins
Low Carb Cocoa Muffins – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
Yields – 12 muffins
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup butter OR coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup Swerve erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons almond OR coconut milk (if needed)
- Optional: chopped nuts
Instructions how to make low-carb cocoa muffins
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Grease or line a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, Swerve, and vanilla extract, until smooth and combined.
- Add the flour mix to the eggs mixture and stir until all lumps are gone.
- If the batter seems dry, stir in 1-2 tablespoons of almond OR coconut milk.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin cavities.
- Top each with chopped nuts.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Store covered.
Nutritional Information (amount per 1 muffin)
- Calories – 149
- Total Fat – 14 g
- Total Carbs – 5 g (Fiber 3 g )
- Net Carbs – 2 g
- Protein – 4 g
- Cholesterol 62 mg