Cheese pie is made with cheese, and spices rolled in Buckwheat crust. This delicious pie can be served as an appetizer, main dish or even breakfast and it matches really well with a drop of sour cream.
Cheese Pie with Buckwheat Crust
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 50 minutes
Yields – 10 servings
- 10 pieces or 14.1 oz (400 g) of the finished crust of buckwheat,
- 17.6 oz (500 grams) of hard old cheese.
Fill for coating:
- 4 eggs,
- 12.1 oz (360 ml) light yogurt,
- 4 oz (120 ml) oil,
- 6.7 oz (200 ml) integral rye flour,
- 3.3 oz(100 ml) of buckwheat flour,
- 2 teaspoons baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon salt
Instructions on how to make Cheese Pie with Buckwheat Crust
- Turn the oven to warm to 356 ºF (180 ºC).
- Cover the baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove 10 crusts about.
- From 10 crusts make 10 rolls along the length of the pan.
- Fill – Whisk the eggs and add the buttermilk, oil, flour, baking powder and salt and all that mix together.
- Put on the table one crust and coat with filling.
- Make a roll.
- Twist the roll into the form of a snail.
- Do the same with other crusts.
- Firmly wrap and place the rolls along the length of a pan.
- You will remain few tablespoons of the filling.
- Cover the rolls.
- Cover immediately with baking paper and bake for 50 min at 356 ºF (180 ºC).
- Enjoy warm or cold and why not try it accompanied by a healthy and refreshing salad!