High levels of total or low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol in your blood can increase your risk for heart disease. You may be able to maintain or achieve healthy numbers by modifying your diet. Some of the nutrients in chia seeds may lower your cholesterol. This one is just one reason why you should eat this chocolate chia seeds pudding.
Related Mocha Coffee Chia Seeds Pudding
This is a chocolate chia seeds pudding recipe recommended by numerous nutritionists. It is a delicious dessert that reduces the level of bad cholesterol in the blood, stimulates digestion and gives a sense of satiety, which makes it a great weight loss agent. The main ingredient of this pudding is chia seeds, rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, as well as fruits and cocoa powder.
Chocolate Chia Seeds Pudding – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Passive time – 1 hour
Yields – 2 servings
- 2/3 cup of rice, coconut or almond milk or water
- 2 tablespoons of seeds
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
Instructions how to make healthy chocolate chia seeds pudding
- To any small jar or bowl, add milk, and vanilla extract.
- Then, add chia seeds and cocoa powder.
- Whisk with a small whisk or a fork really well, until cacao powder is dissolved.
- Some tiny cacao powder lumps are ok.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Add to a blender, add bananas and blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Top with fruit of your choice
- If using coconut milk, make sure it’s from the carton and not a thick coconut milk from a can.
- For a thick consistency, use 4 tbsp chia seeds
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
with coconut milk
- Calories – 234
- Total Fat – 5 g
- Total Carbs – 36 g (Fiber 10 g )
- Protein – 4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg